Saturday, February 5, 2011

Heart & Soul

Heart & Soul was designed a while back when I was inspired by Alexander Mcqueen's heart shaped peep toe pump. I though the heart shape at the peep toe opening was so cute and original and decided to do a heart shape cut out at the vamp on my shootie.
Alexander McQueen heart shaped peep toe pump

The heart shape cutout shootie is not as easy to create as it seems. The drawing looked so simple I thought it would be no big deal for the factory but it turned out otherwise. On my first 2 samples, the heart cut out resembled more like a kidney than a heart. After a few tries, finally they got the shape right.It's a nice shoe, one that is very comfortable to walk in, with the use of microfibre and soft lining. It doesn't cut at the toe opening, it doesn't cut at the heel. Plus it slips on easily, no fuss with buckles or anything and it doesn't slip off when I walk.
That's the beauty of a shootie.

Lots of revealing of the flesh, plenty of air for the feet. In colder countries, feel free to pair it with fashion thigh high socks for a preppy or funky look.


2 comments:

Katie | FashionFrugality.com said...

These are SO neat! Perfect for Valentine's Day... and every other day of the year! :)

kasandria said...

The black ones are KILLER! I want some!
Kas